Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today I look at the sky and see images in the clouds. Today I sit and wonder. If I wish hard enough could I create a staircase with my mind and go up and dance with those figures in the clouds? Could I steal the crown of the cloud king? Would he chop off my head? Would he look like David Bowie and sing everything he said?

I sometimes wish I could see through my cat’s eyes. She always looks like she is pondering something interesting. Though at the moment they are all squinty and gooey. My poor fuzzy baby.

I just heard a David Bowie song I don’t think I have ever heard before. It is called The Hearts Filthy Lesson. It is really quite fantastic. It makes me think of someone. A someone who is also rather fantastic. I love falling in love with songs I’ve never heard by old favorites. Though it is a bit disconcerting. It makes me wonder what else I have missed.

The desire to create art is so strong in me today that I have to consciously keep my focus on other things. I am at work, taking a bit of a break, so I thought I would post in my blog. But the art, it calls to me. I have a sketch pad here with a doodle that I started yesterday and I really just want to get lost in it with this beautiful music caressing my brain. I cant, however. There are people here and they would not appreciate my doodling when I am supposed to be working. I want to paint a face. I don’t think that I will have time for that until Saturday. I hope that the inspiration is still there by then. Maybe I can do something late tonight when I am done djing.

Time and again I tell myself…stay clean tonight. Yes, David Bowie some more. I blame Damon. It was perfect for my mood and the afternoon. It makes me think that I might have to play some Bowie for the strippers. That was a funny sentence, but I assure you it makes sense. I am just rambling really now.

No comments: